[4/14/2014] An updated schedule for the 2014 Annual Meeting is now available.
[03/27/2014] In the March-April 2014 edition of the CMS Notes is a new column on the history and philosophy of mathematics, "Past and Present in Mathematics: Notes from the CSHPM." The first column was written by Tom Archibald on medieval and Renaissance algebra. The column is coordinated by Hardy Grant and Amy Ackerberg-Hastings.
[03/21/2014] The schedule and abstracts for the 2014 Annual Meeting are now available.
Welcome to the Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics Website!The CSHPM/SCHPM, founded in 1974, promotes research and teaching in the history and philosophy of mathematics. The benefits of membership in the Society include:
- The CSHPM/SCHPM Bulletin, a biannual newsletter which includes announcements, professional reports, and miscellaneous news.
- The Annual Meeting, held every summer, usually in conjunction with the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences, the Canadian Mathematical Society or the British Society for the History of Mathematics.
- The option to purchase the Proceedings of the annual meeting.
- Two official journals, Historia Mathematica and Philosophia Mathematica, are available to Society members at a reduced rate. These journals publish research of high quality in their respective fields and are international in scope.
- Reduced subsciption rates on three Taylor & Francis journals: click here.
- Oxford University Press currently offers members of the CSHPM/SCHPM an exclusive 20% discount on philosophy and mathematics books.
- Reciprocal Membership at reduced rates in the British Society for the History of Mathematics and the Canadian Society for the History and Philosophy of Science.